Sunday 27 September 2015

$5000 Shoes

If you were born after 1980 you are more likely to be "me" focused, at least that's what my pastor said in church today. Do you believe this? I certainly do. Except that wasn't the case for me for the last four plus years. It was all about him. Was the house cleaned to his liking, was dinner seasoned enough, was he getting enough sex, did I appear enthusiastic enough, was there enough money in the bank account for him? 

So what am I supposed to do now? Make my entire life about me? That's not really what Christ calls me to do. So what am I supposed to do knowing this? I am to follow Christ, allow Him to heal me and move on with my life. 

Yesterday I went shoe shopping to buy shoes for my new job. I'm working for a sports and entertainment company as a conceige. I need black polish-able shoes and I didn't want to cheap out on a pair. I have to stand my entire shift which means they need to be as comfortable as possible. You see, the shoes I buy are an investment to debt freedom. I bought a pair on sale for $90.00 and wore them around the house yesterday a bit to break them in. I looked down at these shoes, this granny looking black shoes and told myself, "these are $5000 shoes, these shoes will make me $5000". I need $5000 in the next eleven months in order to achieve my goal, debt free by my thirty first birthday. 

Once I get debt free I'll actually accomplish another goal, to travel. I don't know where I'll go just yet but it's not going to be Oregon, that's for sure. I want to travel somewhere warm, with a beach, that requires a flight to get to. 

Today's success - I went to church (two weeks in a row!) and I took my dog on a much needed long walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment