Thursday 8 October 2015

Getting back at 'er

I haven't posted anything in a week. I've been so busy that I haven't had the time to reflect on anything let alone write. I house/cat sat for a friend last weekend and have worked every day and evening except last night. Next week's schedule is considerably less hectic. 

I must say that working another job has wonderful even though I don't have as much free time. My co-workers never knew married me, they only know single me. I've never mentioned I was once married and don't plan on it. I wish I had applied under my maiden name but I'll figure that one out later. I can be myself around them and not worry they're judging me for my decision to divorce. I even feel pretty great working my other part time job (yes I have three jobs and yes I miss sleeping). I work casually as an usher for my church when they rent out the space. Since my church is so large, the people I work with didn't know me before I started working there.

I received an email from him yesterday afternoon. It had been exactly a month since his previous email. He wanted to know what was going on. (Side note, I never told him I wanted a divorce because I wanted to wait until I spoke with a legal advocate.)I didn't respond to his email until this afternoon. I wanted time to relax and to weigh the outcome if I told him versus not answering the email at all. My email was one sentence, I will be seeking a divorce. 

Last note, I'm still emotionally eating and it's caused me to gain 7 lbs in the last two months. This may be a small number in the scheme of things but I now have a constant food baby and I certainly didn't before. My solution is now that my schedule has stabilized I've scheduled time to exercise more regularly and start running again. Fingers crossed I can lose this weight by Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment